Topic 1 – Then and Now – History of Games Technology
Week 1: Gaming machines – Then & Now
PP – Brief History of Gaming
- Compare your first machine to your current. What can you do now that you couldn’t then. What’s are the differences?
- List release dates.
- Why did you like them? List some positive & negatives
- What are/where some of your favourite games?
- Console hardware specs(think about my example)
- List any websites you use for help. Include pictures etc.
Topic 2 – Types of game hardware
Assignment 1 -Brief listed below
Create a timeline including the different generations of hardware and technical developments. This could be done as an on-line presentation (blog), written report, video or other form of presentation which shows your understanding of the development history of game platforms.
- Identify and list gaming platforms from the past and present that make up the different generations highlighting key platforms in game hardware history.
- Compare the different technological advancements between each generation
Write an article for an online game ezine/blog on the types of interactive game platforms, highlighting their limitations.
Your article must:
- investigate the features and limitations of arcade and console game platforms
- investigate the features and limitations of PC and mobile game platforms
Don’t forget controllers and interfaces!
Evolution of Xbox
Evolution of PlayStation
Evolution of PC
Topic 3 – Understand hardware technologies for game platforms
Completed Motherboard Exercise
PowerPoint – Central Processing Unit(CPU)
Task 1: 02/11/2017 Group B – 31/10/2017 Group A
Task 2: 09/11/2017 Group B – 07/11/2017 Group A