Topic 1 – Then and Now – History of Games Technology
Week 1: Gaming machines – Then & Now
PP – Brief History of Gaming
- Compare your first machine to your current. What can you do now that you couldn’t then. What’s are the differences?
- List release dates.
- Why did you like them? List some positive & negatives
- What are/where some of your favourite games?
- Console hardware specs(think about my example)
- List any websites you use for help. Include pictures etc.
Topic 2 – Types of game hardware
Assignment 1 -Brief listed below
Create a timeline including the different generations of hardware and technical developments. This could be done as an on-line presentation (blog), written report, video or other form of presentation which shows your understanding of the development history of game platforms.
- Identify and list gaming platforms from the past and present that make up the different generations highlighting key platforms in game hardware history.
- Compare the different technological advancements between each generation
Write an article for an online game ezine/blog on the types of interactive game platforms, highlighting their limitations.
Your article must:
- investigate the features and limitations of arcade and console game platforms
- investigate the features and limitations of PC and mobile game platforms
History of game platforms video link
Don’t forget controllers and interfaces!
Evolution of Xbox
Evolution of PlayStation
Evolution of PC
Topic 3 – Understand hardware technologies for game platforms
Completed Motherboard Exercise
PowerPoint – Central Processing Unit(CPU)
Task 1: 02/11/2017 Group B – 31/10/2017 Group A
Task 2: 09/11/2017 Group B – 07/11/2017 Group A