Level 3 Games Design Year 2
Useful course materials will be listed below. See “the box” for currently set assignments, grades and feedback.
Academic Tutorial Resources
Unit 4 & 5 – Creative Media Production Management Project & Working to a brief in Media
- Introduction to the year with me + ideas generation
- Game ideas Template
- Padlet – Create a new one and place inspirations and ideas – How does the game link to Stranger Things?
- Game Mechanics (Last Years – provided for reference)
Unit 66 & 67 – 3D Modelling & 3D Animation
- Intro to Maya PP
- Important initial settings: Autosave, Incremental save and undo
- Creating a project/setting
- Barrel Tutorial Video (Includes use of navigation tips, edge loops, duplication, extrusion)
- Maya Key Shortcut List
- Polygons, ngons and nurbs PP
- Upload your Barrel from last week to Sketchfab.
- Upload Point: Barrel Task
- Creating a low poly chair Tutorial (Includes use of box modelling, offset extrusion, merging, symmetry, bevel and soft select)
- Using techniques shown in the previous video create your own Chair and then Table, get a skeckfab link and share:
- Table & Chairs upload point
- Wine Glass Surfaces Tutorial Video
- Upload Point: Wine Glass
- Sketchfab Link
My Maya tutorials and resources(Coming soon)
Unreal Engine resources:
Wayne will be focussing on Unreal Engine with you in his lessons.
You may find some of the following helpful though to supplement what you learn with him.